- About the Project
- Project Partners
- Project Actions
- News & Events
- Useful Links
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County is located between the outer suburbs of Dublin City and the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains on the East Coast of Ireland.
- It covers the electoral areas of Dundrum, Glencullen, Stillorgan, Blackrock, Dun Laoghaire and Ballybrack.
- Its population is 206,995 (2011 Census).
- It is 7 miles from Dublin City, 16 miles from Dublin Airport and 100 minutes from Holyhead in Wales by Stena Lines HSS car ferry.
- It has many leisure facilities to offer: New Marina, Civic Pavilion Theatre, 12 screen cinema complex, Maritime Museum, golf course, yacht clubs, water sports facilities, excellent shopping, ample car parking and an excellent public transport system.
- Killiney Bay, to the south of the County, has often been compared to the Bay of Naples and Killiney Hill which overlooks the bay offers rock climbing, abseiling and hill walking to the outdoor enthusiast.
- The County is associated with many literary figures such as, James Joyce, John Millington Synge, George Bernard Shaw, Samuel Beckett, Maeve Binchy, Hugh Leonard and Bernard Farrell.
- It is also home to many celebrities including, Bono, Enya, Neil Jordan.
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council has a workforce of over 1,000 and a revenue budget of almost € 195,000,000 for the year 2011. The Council is committed to delivering high quality services and infrastructure, which contribute to a better social, physical, economic and cultural environment for all who live in, work in and visit the county.
Neil Healy Rebekah Fozzard
Human Resources & County Development Board Department
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council,
1 Harbour Square, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Phone: 01 2047299 01 2047924