- About the Project
- Project Partners
- Project Actions
- News & Events
- Useful Links
New Communities Partnership (NCP) - Peak organisation of migrant led organisation in Ireland - http://www.newcommunities.ie/
Dublin African Film Festival (DAFF) - Established in 2011, after many years of consultations with relevant stakeholders – Dublin African Film Festival is fast establishing itself as Ireland’s premier feature film festival, especially showcasing the vibrant African films in Ireland’s capital city over several days and nights with awards - http://www.dafilmfest.net/about-us
Links are categorised under the following headings:-
- Aontas - http://www.aontas.com/
The National Association of Adult Education - independent national organisation representing all aspects of adult education.
- Consumer's Association of Ireland - http://www.consumerassociation.ie/
A voluntary consumer organisation, its website contains a useful section on FAQs.
- Directory of National Voluntary Organisations (Comhairle) - http://www.cidb.ie/comhairlevcs.nsf
Comhairle's Directory of National Voluntary Organisations and other agencies gives details of over 550 organisations in Ireland.
- Free Legal Advice Centres (FLAC) - http://www.flac.ie/
This non-governmental organisation campaigns for full and equal access to justice for all and promotes and operates a range of services to meet the legal needs of those living in poverty.
- Integration of African Children in Ireland - http://www.iaciyouth.org
- Money Advice and Budgeting Services (MABS) - http://www.mabs.ie/
MABS provides free and confidential advice, assistance and support to people experiencing financial difficulty.
- NANI - Nigeria Association Network Ireland - http://www.nigeria.ie
NANI is a representative national organisation championing the Nigerian cause and Nigeria Associations in Ireland with chapters in Cork, Limerick, Waterford and Galway
- National Adult Literacy Agency - http://www.nala.ie/
Priorities include training, research and continued emphasis on the need for well-run and adequately funded adult literacy provision throughout the country.
- National Database of Voluntary Sector Research - http://www.volsec.ie/
This is link to the Department of Library & Information Studies, UCD.
- The Carmichael Centre - http://www.carmichaelcentre.ie/
Provides headquarters accommodation and services to small voluntary groups.
- The Local Development Training Institute of Ireland (LDTI) - http://www.ldti.ie/
Provides relevant workshop training for individuals and groups involved in local development.
- The Wheel - http://www.wheel.ie/
Networked movement of groups and individuals working in the community and voluntary sector in Ireland.
- Volunteering Ireland - http://www.volunteeringireland.com/
Promotes high quality voluntary activity, by encouraging organisations which involve volunteers to adopt good policy and practice, and by acting as a link between such organisations and individuals who wish to undertake meaningful voluntary work.
- Workway - http://www.workway.ie/
Workway is a joint IBEC/ICTU partnership initiative designed to raise awareness, address barriers and promote employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Youth Information Services - http://www.youthinformation.ie/
Youth Information Centres (YICS) provide a free, confidential information service to young people and those who work with them on a wide range of subjects.
- BASIS (Business Access to State Information & Services) - http://www.basis.ie/
Provides a single point of access on all government services for businesses.
- Citizens Information - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/
An Irish e-government website developed by Comhairle to provide information on the social and civil rights of everyone in Ireland. This site has been specially designed around you and your needs, for those times in your life when you need information about your rights and how to apply for State services in Ireland.
- Department of Environment, Community & Local Government - http://www.pobal.ie/
- Department of Health - http://www.doh.ie/
The Department of Health and Children have responsibility for the future planning of health services in Ireland.
- Department of Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation - http://www.entemp.ie/
This page from the Department of Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation website includes information on employment rights, consumer rights legislation and the Department's Information Office.
- Department of Justice & Equality - http://www.justice.ie/
To maintain and enhance community security and equality through the development of a range of policies and high quality services.
- Department of Social Protection - http://www.welfare.ie/
The main government agency providing social security and other income supports in Ireland. Their website includes details of all schemes and services, including rules and guidelines for administering services.
- Department of the Taoiseach - http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/eng/
This department launched a document entitled Reaching Out: Guidelines on Consultation for Public Sector Bodies. These guidelines are intended for use by public bodies engaging in consultation processes and also for those who wish to participate in such consultation processes.
- Irish Government Website - http://www.irlgov.ie/
A directory to all Irish government departments and agencies.
- Office for Social Inclusion - http://www.socialinclusion.ie/
The Office for Social Inclusion is the Irish Government Office with overall responsibility for developing, co-ordinating and driving Ireland's National Action Plan against Poverty and Social Exclusion.
- Office for the Promotion of Migrant Integration - http://www.integration.ie
- Revenue Commissioners - http://www.revenue.ie/
Deals with all taxes including personal income tax. The site contains the text of their individual leaflets as well as more detailed information.
- Combat Poverty Agency - http://www.cpa.ie/
Statutory body supporting community development activity. Also researches and promotes public awareness and understanding of poverty.
- EPIC - http://www.bitc.ie/2012/06/epic-programme-starting-pre-employment-training/
- Equality Authority - http://www.equality.ie/
State agency working towards the elimination of discrimination.
- EU grants - http://www.europa.eu.int/grants/index_en.htm
This is the section of the Europa site which deals with EU funding.
- Europa - http://www.europa.eu.int/
This is the main European Union server, giving information on all aspects of the EU, including structures, policy and sources of information.
- European Consumer Centre - http://www.ecic.ie/
The European Consumer Centre (ECC) provides free information and advice to the public about their rights as EU consumers.
- FÁS - http://www.fas.ie/
FÁS is the State Training and Employment Authority.
- Health Service Executive (Eastern) Area - http://www.erha.ie/
Pembroke electoral area in Dublin City, Dun-Laoghaire-Rathdown County, and County Wicklow, (except for the Baltinglass electoral area).
- Health Service Executive (Eastern) Health Board - http://www.sehb.ie/
Carlow, Kilkenny, Tipperary South Riding, Waterford, and Wexford.
- Health Service Executive (Mid-Western) Area - http://www.mwhb.ie/
Limerick, Clare and Tipperary North Riding.
- Health Service Executive (Midland) Area - http://www.mhb.ie/
Longford, Offaly, Westmeath, Laois.
- Health Service Executive (North Eastern) Area - http://www.nehb.ie/
Louth, Meath, Cavan and Monaghan.
- Health Service Executive (North Western) Area - http://www.nwhb.ie/
Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim.
- Health Service Executive (Northern) Area - http://www.hsenorthernarea.ie/
Dublin City north of the river Liffey and the community of Fingal County.
- Health Service Executive (South Eastern) Area - http://www.sehb.ie/
Carlow, Kilkenny, Tipperary South Riding, Waterford, and Wexford.
- Health Service Executive (South Western) Area - http://www.erha.ie/
Dublin City south of the River Liffey (except for the Pembroke electoral area) South Dublin County, County Kildare and the local electoral area of Baltinglass in County Wicklow.
- Health Service Executive (Southern) Area - http://www.shb.ie/
Cork and Kerry.
- Health Service Executive Western Area - http://www.whb.ie/
- Labour Relations Commission - http://www.lrc.ie/
The Labour Relations Commission promotes the development and improvement of Irish industrial relations policies, procedures and practices. Their site has the text of the 'Guide to Labour Law'.
- National Disability Authority (NDA) - http://www.nda.ie/
The NDA's main function is to advise and inform the Minister on policies and practices affecting people with disabilities.
- National Disability Resource Centre -
44 North Great George's St., Dublin 1. Tel: 01 8747503 or Fax: 01 87447490 or E-mail: email@example.com
- Office of the Attorney General - http://www.irlgov.ie/ag/
This website contains a searchable database of all Acts of the Oireachtas from 1922-2001.
- Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs - http://www.odca.ie/
This independent statutory office is responsible for providing advice and information to consumers and for the enforcement of a wide range of consumer protection laws.
- Office of the Information Commissioner - http://www.irlgov.ie/oic/
The Information Commissioner's website includes legislation on Freedom of Information and the full text of the rulings of the Commissioner on cases which have been decided.
- Office of the Ombudsman - http://www.irlgov.ie/ombudsman/
The Ombudsman's main function is to investigate complaints from members of the public who feel that they have been unfairly treated by certain public services.
- Personal Injuries Assessment Board - http://www.piab.ie/
The Personal Injuries Assessment Board (PIAB) is a statutory body providing independent assessment of personal injury compensation.
- Pobal - http://www.pobal.ie/
Their website aims at supporting integrated local economic and social development through managing Programmes.
- The Equality Tribunal - http://www.equalitytribunal.ie/
Investigates and mediates complaints of discrimination under equality legislation.
- African Services Committe - US - http://www.africanservices.org/
Provides health, housing, legal and social services to more than 10,000 newcomers each year focusing on HIV prevention, testing, care and advocacy.
- AMAR - Assisting Marsh Arabs and Refugees - UK - http://www.amarfoundation.org/
Assisting Marsh Arabs and Refugees (AMAR) was established in 1991 to "provide humanitarian aid for refugees in the South of Iran and the Iraqi Marshlands".
- American Council for Voluntary Action - US - http://www.interaction.org/
InterAction is the largest alliance of U.S.-based international development and humanitarian nongovernmental organizations.
- American Near East Refugee Aid - US - http://www.anera.org/
American Near East Refugee Aid - Palestinian relief aid.
- Amnesty for Women - http://www.amnestyforwomen.de/
Amnesty for Women is a non-profit organisation, established in Hamburg, 1986, as a service centre and international meeting point for women.
- Amnesty International - http://www.amnesty.org/
Protecting human rights worldwide, AI focuses on the release of prisoners of conscience, fair and prompt trials for all political prisoners.
- Artists in Exile - UK - http://www.aieg.org.uk/aieg.php
Artists in Exile, Glasgow (AiEG) is a network for refugee, asylum seeking, international and British artists across all disciplines.
- Asia Pacific Migration Research Network - http://www.capstrans.edu.au/apmrn/
The central focus of this network is the long-term role of migration and increased ethno-cultural diversity as major factors in the social transformation of societies in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Asian Migrant Centre - http://www.asian-migrants.org/
Migrants human rights programme.
- Asian Research Centre for Migration - TH - http://www.arcmthailand.com/
Asian Research Center for Migration (ARCM), a unit of the Institute of Asian Studies, Chulalongkorn University, provides information in the form of published research, statistical data, and policy recommendations concerning cross-border migration into, out of and within Southeast Asia. It focuses particularly on Thailand.
- Association Aide aux Familles et Victimes des Migrations Clandestines - http://afvmc.free.fr/
Cameroon Family Reunification - Undocumented Migrant Workers
- Asylum Aid - UK - http://www.asylumaid.org.uk/
UK charity providing advice and legal representation to asylum-seekers and refugees. Campaigns for fair treatment.
- Asylum Law.org - http://www.asylumlaw.org/
Global clearinghouse of case support and legal tools relating to asylum claims.
- Australian Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office - http://www.acmro.catholic.org.au/
The Australian Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office (ACMRO) was established by the Australian Catholic Bishops' Conference in 1995.
- Australian Refugee Council - http://www.refugeecouncil.org.au/
Refugee Council of Australia is a non-profit peak organisation. It provides information on and advocacy for refugees and humanitarian entrants.
- Australian Refugee Lobby, Support and Action Groups - http://www.safecom.org/network.htm
Australia's National Directory of Refugee Lobby, Support and Action Groups.
- Australian Refugee Review Tribunal - http://www.rrt.gov.au/
The Tribunal reviews individual decisions made by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs concerning refugees in Australia.
- Black History Map - UK - http://www.blackhistorymap.com/
Multiculturalism in UK today.
- Brookings Institution Project on Internal Displacement - US - http://www.brook.edu/fp/projects/idp/idp.htm
- Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration - US - http://www.state.gov/g/prm/
- Captive Daughters - http://www.captivedaughters.org/
Captive Daughters is a non-profit organization committed to ending the exploitative practice of sex trafficking, with a particular focus on girls and women.
- Christian Aid - UK - http://www.christian-aid.org.uk/
- Comic Relief - http://www.comicrelief.com/
Since 1985, Comic Relief has inspired the nation to have a laugh while raising cash to help change lives. Our vision is a just world, free from poverty.
- Committe to Defend Asylum Seekers – London, UK - http://www.defend-asylum.org/
- Education Index - http://graduate-school.phds.org/education-index
The Education Index at PhDs.org is the Internet’s premier source of updated, clear educational data about undergraduate and graduate programs in the United States. Education Index makes it easy to select the best college in the USA: a college that fits your financial, social and educational interests and goals.
- Ethiopian Community Development Council, Inc - US - http://ecdcinternational.org/
To assist African refugees and immigrants facing daily challenges as they establish new lives in the United States. These challenges stem from both an unfamiliarity with American cultures and the lack of knowledge among the public about challenges faced by African newcomers.
- European Campaign on Women Asylum Seekers - http://www.womenlobby.org/asylumcampaign/
Working to protect and respect refugees in Europe.
- European Council on Refugees and Exiles - http://www.ecre.org/
Working to protect and respect refugees in Europe.
- European Website on Integration - http://www.integration.eu
- Forced Migration mailing list - http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/forced-migration.html
Focuses on Issues concerning Refugees and Internal Displacement.
- Forced Migration Review - UK - http://www.fmreview.org/
Forced Migration Review (FMR) is published three times a year in English, Arabic, Spanish and French by the Refugee Studies Centre of the Oxford Department of International Development, University of Oxford.
- Forced Migration Web Portal - http://www.forcedmigration.org/
Forced Migration Online (FMO) provides instant access to a wide variety of online resources dealing with the situation of forced migrants worldwide.
- Global Campaign for Ratification of the Convention on Rights of Migrants - http://www.migrantsrights.org/
Recognises the need to explicitly define and uphold the human rights of migrants.
- Institute for Migration and Ethnic Studies - http://www.pscw.uva.nl/imes/
IMES is an interdisciplinary research institute that focuses on international migration and the integration of immigrants and their descendants in host societies in a comparative perspective.
- Irish Centre for Migration Studies - http://migration.ucc.ie/
This site provides a range of academic and legal resources concerning migration, asylum, integration and diaspora issues, from an Irish and a comparative international perspective.
- Irish Diaspora Research Unit - UK - http://www.brad.ac.uk/acad/diaspora/
Irish Diaspora Studies is a world-wide, scholarly, inter-disciplinary study of the Irish Diaspora, and its social, linguistic, economic, cultural and political causes and consequences.
- Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust - http://www.jrct.org.uk/
An independent, progressive organisation committed to funding radical change towards a better world.
- Kalayaan - http://www.kalayaan.org.uk/
Justice for domestic migrant workers.
- Kent Refugee Action Network - UK - http://www.kran.org.uk/
- Kurdish Human Rights Project - UK - http://www.khrp.org/
Kurdish human rights project.
- Migrant Media - UK - http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/migrantmedia/docs/migrant.htm
Migrant Media is an independent media training centre and production company set up in 1989 and run by people from migrant backgrounds. Much of their work centres around the experiences of black and migrant communities in Britain and Europe.
- Migrant Rights International - http://www.migrantwatch.org/
Migrants Rights International (MRI) is a non-governmental organization and global alliance of migrant associations and migrant rights, human rights, labor, religious, and other organizations which operate at the local, national, regional or international level.
- Migration Dialogue - http://migration.ucdavis.edu/
Migration Dialogue provides timely, factual and nonpartisan information and analysis of international migration issues.
- Migration Policy Group - http://www.migpolgroup.com/
The Migration Policy Group is an independent non-profit European organisation committed to contributing to lasting and positive change resulting in open and inclusive societies in which all members have equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities in developing the economic, social and civic life of Europe's diverse societies.
- New Vision - UK - http://www.newvision.org.uk/
Immigration information UK.
- Platform for European Red Cross Co-operation on Refugees, Asylum-seekers and Migrants - http://www.ifrc.org/what/response/refugees/perco/index.asp
- Redress - UK - http://www.redress.org/
REDRESS seeks Reparation for Torture Survivors.
- Revolutionary Association of Women of Afghanistan - http://www.rawa.org/
RAWA is an independent political/social organization of Afghan women struggling for peace, freedom, democracy and women's rights.
- Rights of Women - http://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk/
Rights of Women is a UK voluntary organisation working to attain justice and equality by informing, educating and empowering women on their legal rights.
- Statewatch - UK - http://www.statewatch.org/
Statewatch monitors the state and civil liberties in Europe.
- The Association for Solidarity with Asylum Seekers and Migrants - TR - http://www.asam.8k.com/
Association for Solidarity with Asylum Seekers and Migrants (ASAM) is a non-profit humanitarian non-governmental organization concerned with refugees, asylum-seekers and internally displaced persons regardless of race, religion, nationality or political conviction, and it also defends the human rights of migrants in Turkey.
- The Association of Visitors to Immigration Detainees - UK - http://www.aviddetention.org.uk/
UK umbrella organisation for visitors to immigration detainees.
- The Medical Foundation for the Care of Victims of Torture - UK - http://www.torturecare.org.uk/
The Medical Foundation for the Care of Victims of Torture (MF), a registered charity established in 1985 in the UK dedicated solely to the treatment of torture survivors.
- The Migration Research Unit - UK - http://www.geog.ucl.ac.uk/mru/
The MRU was founded in 1988 and has developed a reputation for high quality research focused particularly on national and European migration trends and migration policy.
- The World Refugee Survey - UK - http://www.refugees.org/resources/refugee-warehousing/archived-world-refugee-surveys/
Immigration facts, immigration statistics, refugee services and refugee stories.
- Transnational Communities - UK - http://www.transcomm.ox.ac.uk/
A research programme with the goal of looking into the human dimensions of globalization and aspects of emerging transnationalism.
- Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organisation - http://www.unpo.org/
The Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization (UNPO) represents indigenous peoples, minorities, and unrecognised or occupied territories.
- US Centre for Migration Studies - http://www.cmsny.org/
Provides support and undertake research, and to provide a forum for debate on international migration. New York.
- Virtual Library on Migration and Ethnic Relations - http://www.ercomer.eu/
An easy-to-use guide that catalogues in an organised and meaningful way, quality web resources on ethnic relations and migration topics.